General Terms & Conditions
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY. THEY GOVERN YOUR ACCESS AND USE OF THIS MOBILE SMART APPLICATION.
BY ACCESSING OR USING THIS SERVICE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND ACCEPT THEM IN FULL, AS THEY MAY BE MODIFIED BY UNIVERSITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION (for purposes of these terms and conditions the term “University Federal Credit Union” includes University Federal Credit Union’s affiliates, as applicable) FROM TIME-TO-TIME AND POSTED ON THIS SERVICE.
No Warranties. Although University Federal Credit Union attempts to provide accurate information, names, images, pictures, logos, icons, documents, and materials (collectively, the “Contents”) on the SERVICE, it makes no representation, endorsement, or warranty that such Contents are accurate or suitable for any particular purpose. THE SERVICE AND ITS CONTENTS ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. USE OF THE SERVICE AND ITS CONTENTS IS AT THE USER’S SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE AND ITS CONTENTS ARE PROVIDED WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS, ENDORSEMENTS, OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR ACCURACY AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, WITH THE SOLE EXCEPTION OF WARRANTIES (IF ANY) WHICH CANNOT BE EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. AS NOTED BELOW, UNIVERSITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION ALSO MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS, ENDORSEMENTS, OR WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ANY SERVICE OPERATED BY A THIRD PARTY.
Finally without limitation as to the foregoing, in regard to Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL UNIVERSITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION OR ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, CONTRACTORS, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, WHETHER UNDER A CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH ANY PARTY’S USE OF THE SERVICE OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, LINE SYSTEM FAILURE, LOSS OF DATA, OR LOSS OF USE RELATED TO THIS SERVICE OR ANY SERVICE OPERATED BY ANY THIRD PARTY OR ANY CONTENTS OF THIS SERVICE OR ANY OTHER SERVICE, EVEN IF UNIVERSITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION IS AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Use of SERVICE. Contents are included in this SERVICE solely for the personal use of SERVICE users. You may not copy (other than a copy for personal use), modify, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, transfer, resell, or republish any of the Contents of this SERVICE without the prior written consent of University Federal Credit Union, which may be withheld in its sole discretion.
Copyrights and Other Intellectual Property. Except where otherwise expressly noted or as noted below, all Contents of this SERVICE, including the graphics, icons and overall appearance of the SERVICE, are the sole and exclusive property of University Federal Credit Union and/or its subsidiaries or affiliates.
The posting of the Contents of this SERVICE neither constitutes a waiver of any of University Federal Credit Union’s proprietary rights or any other party’s proprietary rights, including but not limited to, copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, and other intellectual property, nor a transfer by implication, estoppel, or otherwise of any such rights or of any license to the SERVICE user or to any third party. Contents of this SERVICE are protected by United States and international copyright laws, both as individual works and as a collection and by United States and international trademark laws. You agree not to delete any copyright, trademark or similar notice from any Contents you obtain from the SERVICE.
The display of third party trademarks within this SERVICE does not grant a license of any kind to the reader. Any downloading of material contained in the site, or of any site linked to the site may be a violation of federal trademark and copyright laws. Any downloading of Contents of this SERVICE or any SERVICE linked to this SERVICE may be a violation of federal and other trademark laws and federal copyright laws.
Links to Other SERVICEs. University Federal Credit Union may establish links between this SERVICE and one or more SERVICEs operated by third parties. University Federal Credit Union has no control over any such other SERVICEs or the contents therein. The existence of any such links shall not constitute an endorsement by University Federal Credit Union of such SERVICEs, the contents of the SERVICEs, or the operators of the SERVICEs.
Transmissions to and from this SERVICE. Except where expressly indicated otherwise, transmissions to and from this SERVICE or directed to University Federal Credit Union, including E-mails, are not sent in a secure form and can be intercepted by third parties and may not be immediately received by the appropriate business unit at University Federal Credit Union. Please do not use E-mail to send us communications which contain confidential information, which we require to be in writing, or which need our immediate attention. Please call 701-777-2274 or write us instead at this address: University Federal Credit Union, 2901 University Avenue, Stop 8222, Grand Forks, ND 58202, Attention: Mobile Banking Member Service. Any transmission to this SERVICE, including E-mails shall be deemed and remain the property of University Federal Credit Union. University Federal Credit Union shall be free to use, for any purpose, any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques provided by a SERVICE user to University Federal Credit Union through this SERVICE.
Modifications. University Federal Credit Union may at any time make modifications, changes, and alterations to the Contents of this SERVICE, including these Terms and Conditions, without prior notice. You are responsible for regularly reviewing these terms and conditions. Your continued use of this SERVICE following any modifications, changes, or alterations shall constitute your acceptance of such modifications, changes, or alterations.
Governing law. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of the state of North Dakota, without regard to the conflict of laws thereof, and to the laws of the United States.
Venue. Disputes arising from the use of this SERVICE shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of any federal or state court for the State of North Dakota.
Severability. To the extent any portion of these Terms and Conditions is determined to be unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such portion will be modified by the court solely to the extent necessary to cause such portion to be enforceable, and these Terms and Conditions, as so modified, shall remain in full force and effect.
Waiver. No waiver by University Federal Credit Union of any right under or term or provision of these Terms and Conditions will be deemed a waiver of any other right, term, or provision of these Terms and Conditions at that time or a waiver of that or any other right, term, or provision of these Terms and Conditions at any other time.
Service Contact. You may contact University Federal Credit Union by E-mail or by phone:
701-757-1047 or 701-775-3738
Member Specific General Terms and Conditions
General Description of Mobile Banking Service Agreement
What Does This Agreement Cover
This Agreement between you and the University Federal Credit Union (UFCU) governs the use of Mobile Banking services. These services permit UFCU members to perform a number of banking functions on accounts linked to the service through the use of a mobile device or mobile smart telephone. Unless indicated otherwise by the context, “linked UFCU accounts” or “linked accounts” refers to all of your accounts with UFCU that you have linked to Mobile Banking solution.
Accepting the Agreement
When you use any of the Mobile Banking services described in this Agreement, or authorize others to use them, you agree to the terms and conditions of the entire Agreement.
Relation to Other Agreements
Your use of Mobile Banking services may also be affected by the agreements between us for your linked UFCU accounts. When you link an account to Mobile Banking services, you do not change the agreements you already have with us for that account. Similarly, when you use Mobile Banking services to access a credit account, you do so under the terms and conditions we gave you in the agreement and disclosure for the credit account. You should review those agreements for any applicable fees, for limitations on the number of transactions you can make, and for other restrictions that might impact your use of an account with Mobile Banking services.
Mobile Banking Services
Mobile Banking for Consumers
You may use Mobile Banking to:
- View current balance information for your linked UFCU accounts.
- Review available transactions for your linked accounts.
- View branch locations.
- View contact telephone numbers and additional contact details.
- View account alerts and notifications.
- View public information such as ‘about us’ and contact information.
- Perform basic services such as changing your Mobile ID and Mobile passcode, personalizing the mobile smart application and changing the language within the smart application.
- Send us secure mobile mail messages and questions regarding your Mobile Banking service.
- Transfer funds between your linked internal UFCU accounts on either a one-time or recurring basis, including as a payment to a linked installment loan, UFCU VISA credit card or home equity loan.
- Transfer funds from your linked UFCU personal accounts to most UFCU personal deposit accounts of other members.
- Pay bills and external payees as defined by the capabilities of the mobile bill pay services.
Some of the above services may not be available for certain accounts or members.
Description of Mobile Banking Services
Internal Account Transfers
Processing of Transfer Requests
- Transfers can be made in 2 ways, on a 1-time basis. One-time transfers may be immediate or scheduled for a future date. The recurring transfer feature may be used when a set amount is transferred at regular intervals. For example, a $100 transfer from a checking to a savings account which occurs every 2 weeks.
- One-time immediate transfers can be made from a linked UFCU checking or savings account to a linked UFCU checking, savings or loan account(s) with us.
- Scheduled and recurring transfers can be made from a linked UFCU checking or savings account to a linked checking, savings or loan account(s) with us.
- Transfers can be made from a linked UFCU personal checking or savings account to most other UFCU member’s personal checking, savings, or loan accounts.
- Transfers from a deposit account (excluding investment accounts) are immediately reflected in the account’s available balance.
Scheduled and Recurring Transfers
- Transfers scheduled for a weekend or a non-bank business day will be processed on the next business day. All other scheduled and recurring transfers will be processed from the funding account at the beginning of the business day requested.
Transfers to Credit Accounts
- Funds transferred as a payment to UFCU’s VISA credit card, line of credit, installment loan or home equity loan account before 6:00 p.m. CT will be credited with the date the payment is submitted. Transfer payments submitted after 6:00 p.m. CT will be credited with the next day’s date. Updates to account balances, funds availability, and transaction posting may take up to 1 business day.
Transfers to Deposit Accounts
- Transfers to a UFCU checking account made after 6:00 p.m. CT as described above on a business day but before 11:59 p.m. CT as shown in the table below will be included in the balance we use to pay transactions that night. This process may impact when fees apply to your account. Credits can help you avoid overdrafts, returned items and related fees. However, debits may cause you to incur overdrafts, returned items and related fees. Please note that although these transfers are included in the balance we use to pay transactions that night, they will appear with our next business day’s date in the deposit account transaction history.
Please note, transfers to any deposit account on a Saturday, Sunday or bank holiday, will appear with our next business day’s date in the deposit account transaction history.
- All transfers submitted to a deposit account (such as a checking or savings account) are immediately reflected in the account’s available balance.
Limitations and Dollar Amounts for Transfers
Transfers made using MOBILE Banking are subject to the following limitations:
- One-time immediate transfers between linked UFCU accounts can be for any amount.
- Transfers submitted to the accounts of other UFCU members may not exceed $99,999.99.
- Scheduled transfers between linked UFCU accounts can be for any amount between $0.01 and $99,999.99.
- All transfer limits are subject to temporary reductions to protect the security of member accounts and/or the transfer system.
- At the discretion of UFCU, we may refuse to process any transaction that exceeds any of the above limits. In this case, you are responsible for making alternate transfer arrangements.
Transfer/Payment Authorization and Sufficient Available Funds
- You authorize UFCU to withdraw, debit or charge the necessary funds from your designated account in order to complete all of your designated transfers and payments.
- You agree that you will instruct us to make a withdrawal only when a sufficient balance is or will be available in your accounts at the time of the withdrawal.
- The completion of a transfer or payment is subject to the availability of sufficient funds (including any overdraft protection plans) at the time the transaction is posted. If enough funds to complete the transfer or payment are not available, we may either (i) complete the transaction and overdraw the account or (ii) refuse to complete the transaction. In either case, we may charge a non-sufficient funds (NSF), returned item, overdraft, or similar fee. Please refer to the applicable account agreement and fee schedule for details. If you schedule a payment from an account maintained at another financial institution and there are insufficient funds in that account, you may be charged a fee by that financial institution.
- At our option, we may make a further attempt to issue the payment or process the transfer request.
- UFCU is under no obligation to inform you if it does not complete a payment or transfer because there are non-sufficient funds or credit in your account to process the transaction. In this case, you are responsible for making alternate arrangements or rescheduling the payment or transfer.
- You cannot cancel a 1-time immediate transfer after it has been submitted in mobile Banking and the information has been transmitted to us.
- Future-dated and recurring transfers can be canceled prior to midnight ET on the bank business day prior to the date the transfer is scheduled to be made. If the transfer’s status is In Process or Processed, you can no longer cancel it. After you cancel a future-dated transfer, the status changes to Canceled. Canceled transfers remain under Review Transfers.
Note: The easiest and most convenient way to cancel a payment or transfer is through the method described above. However, you may request to cancel a scheduled or recurring payment or a future-dated transfer by calling us at:
701-757-1047 OR 701-775-3738
We must receive your request three (3) bank business days or more before the payment or transfer is scheduled for processing. If you call, we may also require you to put your request in writing and get it to us within 14 days after you call. If you call or write to cancel a payment or transfer that is pending, you will be charged for a stop payment in accordance with the agreement for the appropriate linked account.
Other Terms and Conditions
Monthly Service Charge
Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement or your applicable account agreements and schedule of fees, there is no monthly service charge for accessing your linked accounts with the mobile Banking service.
In addition to the fees already described in this Agreement, you should note that depending on how you access mobile banking you might incur charges for:
- Normal account fees and service charges.
- Any Internet service provider fees.
- Purchase of computer programs such as Personal Financial Management (PFM) software.
- Additionally, fees may be assessed for added self-service features available through mobile banking member service, such as stop payment requests, check copy orders and account statement copy orders. For additional information, please see the applicable Deposit Agreement.
- An NSF-fee, returned item, overdraft or similar fee may also apply if you schedule payments or transfers and your available balance is not sufficient to process the transaction on the date scheduled or, in the case of a personal check, on the date when the check is presented to us for payment.
- We may charge you a research fee of $10.50 per hour for an inquiry about a transaction that occurred more than 180 days before the date you make the inquiry. This fee will be waived if we determine that an error occurred.
Mobile Banking services are available 365 days a year and 24 hours a day, except during system maintenance and upgrades. When this occurs, a message will be displayed on-line when you sign on to mobile Banking. Our Member Service Representatives are available from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CT Monday through Friday excluding bank holidays. You may also write us at:
University Federal Credit Union
1575 17th Avenue South
Grand Forks, ND 58201
For Mobile Banking services, our business days are Monday through Friday, excluding bank holidays.
Participation by Payees
Occasionally a Payee may choose not to participate in Bill Pay, or may require additional information before accepting payments. We will work with these Payees to encourage them to accept an electronic or check payment from the credit union. If we are unsuccessful, or if we determine that the Payee cannot process payments in a timely manner, we may decline future payments to this Payee. In the unlikely event that this occurs, we will promptly send you a notice. Any obligations that you wish to pay through mobile Banking with Bill Pay must be payable in U.S. dollars to a Payee located in the United States. We reserve the right to restrict categories of Payees to whom payments may be made using the service. You should not use the service to make:
- Tax payments
- Court-ordered payments
- Payments to settle securities transactions
Canceling Your Online Banking
If you choose to cancel your Online Banking services, any unprocessed payments will be canceled. We recommend that you cancel any scheduled payments prior to notifying us that you are discontinuing the service. UFCU will cancel any scheduled payments within two (2) bank business days from the date we receive your request to discontinue the service. If you close your primary checking account, or if it’s no longer linked to your service, your Online Banking service will end, and any unprocessed payments will be canceled. If you cancel your Online Banking services, transfers outside UFCU will also be canceled.
When your mobile Banking service is linked to one or more joint accounts, we may act on the verbal, written or electronic instructions of any authorized signer. Joint accounts using the same Online ID will be identified as one service.
Changes to Agreement
We may change this agreement at any time. For example, we may add, delete or amend terms or services. We will notify you of such changes by mail or electronic message. If you initiate any transfer of funds or bill payment through your mobile Banking after the effective date of a change, you indicate your agreement to the change.
Your mobile banking will remain in effect until terminated by you or UFCU. You may cancel your service at any time by notifying us of your intent to cancel in writing, through mobile Banking secure mail, or by calling UFCU member service at701-777-2274 or 701-775-3738. This cancellation applies to your mobile Banking services, and does not terminate your UFCU deposit or credit accounts. We recommend that you cancel any scheduled payments prior to notifying us that you are discontinuing the service.
We may terminate your participation in mobile Banking services for any reason, including inactivity, at any time. We will try to notify you in advance, but we are not obliged to do so.
Use of External Email Address
With mobile Banking services we may send messages to your external email address and notify you that responses to your payment inquiries or member service inquiries are available, or as otherwise described within the mobile Banking services. We cannot act on instructions sent by you from an external email address. You should use mobile Banking secure mail to send instructions to UFCU. If, for any reason your external email address changes or becomes disabled, please contact UFCU immediately so that we can continue to provide you with automated messages. You may notify us of any changes to your external email address through the member Service tab within your mobile Banking service.
Contact by UFCU or Affiliated Parties
No UFCU employee, nor any company affiliated with UFCU mobile banking will contact you via email or phone requesting your mobile ID or mobile passcode. If you are contacted by anyone requesting this information, please contact us immediately.
Reporting Unauthorized Transactions
Contact our offices at 701-757-3741 or 701-775-3738.
Disclosure of Account Information
We may disclose information to third parties about you or your transactions in the following instances:
- When it’s necessary for completing transfers or bill payments, or to investigate or resolve a problem related to a transfer or payment
- To verify the existence and condition of your account for a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant
- To comply with a government agency or court orders, or in connection with fraud prevention or an investigation
- If you give us your permission
- With our affiliates as permitted under Federal and applicable state laws
- On a closed account, if we reasonably believe you have mishandled it
We report your mobile Banking transactions on the monthly statements for your linked accounts. A description of each transaction, including whom you paid, and the date and amount of the transaction will appear on your statement.
Limitation of Liability for Mobile Banking Transactions
Tell us at once if you believe your mobile Banking passcode has been compromised or if someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission. The best way to minimize your loss is to call us immediately. The unauthorized use of your mobile Banking services could cause you to lose all of your money in your accounts, plus any amount available under your overdraft protection plan.
You will have no liability for unauthorized transactions if you notify us within 60 days after the statement showing the transaction has been mailed to you (or 90 days if the transaction was from an account maintained at another financial institution). If you do not, you may not get back any of the money you lost from any unauthorized transaction that occurs after the close of the 60-day period (or 90 day period if the transaction was from an account maintained at another financial institution), if we can show that we could have stopped the transaction if you had notified us in time. If a good reason (such as a long trip or hospital stay) kept you from telling us, we may extend the time periods.
When you give someone your mobile Banking ID and passcode, you are authorizing that person to use your service, and you are responsible for all transactions that person performs while using your service. All transactions that person performs, even those transactions you did not intend or want performed, are authorized transactions. If you notify us that the person is no longer authorized, then only transactions that person performs after the time you notify us are considered unauthorized.
Transactions that you or someone acting with you initiates with fraudulent intent are also authorized transactions.
For your protection, sign off after every mobile Banking session.
Our Liability for Failure to Complete Transactions
If we do not complete a transaction to or from your account on time, or in the correct amount according to our Agreement with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions. For instance, we will not be liable:
- If, through no fault of ours, you don’t have enough available funds in your account (or available funds under your overdraft protection plan), or credit to cover the transaction or transfer
- If mobile Banking services weren’t working properly, and you knew about the malfunction when you started the transaction or transfer
- If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire or flood) prevented the transaction or transfer, despite reasonable precautions we’ve taken
- If there are postal delays or processing delays by the Payee
There may be other exceptions not specifically mentioned.